If you are looking for a water adventure while on vacation in Hawaii, one of the best activities to tryout is snorkeling. Hawaii has always been known as one of the best spots in the world for snorkeling with its crystal clear blue water and large amounts of underwater sea life. If you plan on visiting Hawaii some time soon and are wondering where are some of the best places to try snorkeling, these are some of our favorites:
- Kealakekua Bay- This is one of the best places for snorkeling and scuba diving. Aside from the very scenic beach view it can give, it is also known for its calm waters and abundance in marine life. There are a lot of business establishments too that can provide you with boats and kayaks to bring you to the best snorkeling spots.
- Hanauma Bay- If you are looking for very colorful fishes and wonderful reefs, this is the best place to go. It is Oahu’s most popular destination for snorkeling as the fish swim right up to you. This place is known for its efforts to preserve and take good care of the marine life that they have. In fact, it is Hawaii’s first Marine Life Conservation District. If you plan on visiting Hanauma Bay, make sure you get there early as parking is limited.
- Waimea Bay- This place is popular for its calm and clear waters. Although, they also have spots for surfing activities where the water can be violent especially during wintertime.
- Hulopoe Bay- If you are in the Lanai area, you should not miss visiting this place. Known for its golden sands, you will surely enjoy your snorkeling experience in this secluded beach. Because of its beauty, it was branded as America’s most beautiful beach many years back.
- Molokini- When in Maui, one of the best places to snorkel is in Molokini. This beach is known as a State Marine Life and Bird Conservation District. This is a testament on how beautiful the place is.
- Kee Beach- Last, but definitely not the least, you should try visiting Kee beach. The place has a protected lagoon that is considered a paradise for scuba divers and people who love to snorkel.
These are just some of the best places in Hawaii to snorkel. If you are interested on going on a snorkeling adventure in Hawaii, you can contact us and we can help plan your trip to paradise.